The FSU Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship program was established in 2010 to encourage the children of Florida State alumni to attend their parent's alma mater and perpetuate the legacy of Florida State within their family. This program was designed to recognize the commitment and support of alumni in choosing to send their children or grandchildren to FSU. Legacy scholarships are funded by gifts to the FSU Alumni Association. Awards are given to incoming freshmen only.
Applications are are no longer being accepted for the 2018 Legacy Scholarship.
Applications for the 2019 Legacy Scholarship will be available in January 2019.
Please join us in congratulating the 2017 Legacy Scholarship recipients
- William Lacayo
The Raymond and Stella Cottrell Seminole Alumni Scholar
- Elisabeth Pignato
The Tommie Wright Legacy Scholarship
- Kaylee Thagard
The Gilbert S. Chandler Legacy Scholarship
- Kendra Powers
Key Largo, Fla.
The Tri-Eagle Sales Scholar
- Ayoola Ramla Gayle
The Charles N. and Donna M. Kauffman Legacy Scholarship
- Regan Young
Fruitland Park, Fla.
The Diane Andrews Legacy Scholar
- William Ferguson
Winter Park, Fla.
The Jim and Carole Smith Family Scholar
- Anna Bullock
The Ray and Charyl Schroeder Family Scholar
- Maria Theodoropoulos
The Yvonne and Stephen Brown Legacy Scholar
- Kenley Nelson
The Jim and Carole Smith Legacy Scholar
- Leah Cason
The Joanos Family Legacy Scholar
- Luke Reosti
Spanish Fort, Ala.
The Colonel Richard Erickson Legacy Scholar
- Kate Kulyk
The Les and Ruth Akers Legacy Scholar
- In 2017, 12 awards of $1,300 each (for freshman year only) were presented.
- At least one parent, grandparent, sibling, or step-parent must be a graduate (undergraduate, graduate, Ph.D. or J.D.) of Florida State University and a current dues-paying member of the FSU Alumni Association*.
- Scholarship applicants must have applied for admission to Florida State. Awards are made only to accepted freshman students.
- Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the scholarship award:
- Online Application
- Authorization to Release Information
- Release to use photo/quotes for promotional purposes
- Written Essay (prompt is included on application)
- Academic Merit – GPA and Academic Awards (use weighted GPA)
- Need-based – Expected Family Contribution (EFC) numbers considered
- Community Service/extracurricular activities
For more information about the Legacy Scholarship Program, contact Dawn Jennings at 850.644.4989 or email@example.com.