The FSU Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship program was established in 2010 to encourage the children of Florida State alumni to attend their parent's alma mater and perpetuate the legacy of Florida State within their family. This program was designed to recognize the commitment and support of alumni in choosing to send their children or grandchildren to FSU. Legacy scholarships are funded by gifts to the FSU Alumni Association. Awards are given to incoming freshmen only.
Applications for the Legacy Scholarship are typically available in spring; award recipients are notified in summer.
Please join us in congratulating the 2017-2018 Legacy Scholarship recipients:
The Raymond & Stella Cottrell Seminole Alumni Scholar
The Tommie Wright Legacy Scholarship
Mary Cailan Gerety
The Gilbert S. Chandler Legacy Scholarship
Tyler Ray Hicks
Fruitland Park, Florida
The Tri-Eagles Sales Scholar
St. Augustine, Florida
The Charles N. & Donna M. Kauffman Legacy Scholarship
Lake City, Florida
The Diane Andrews Legacy Scholar
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
The Jim & Carole Smith Family Scholar
The Ray & Charyl Schroeder Family Scholar
The Yvonne & Stephen Brown Legacy Scholar
Tyler Scott Reeve
Panama City, Florida
The Jim & Carole Smith Legacy Scholar
Robin Jane Rodriguez
The Joanos Family Legacy Scholar
Amelia Faith Veith
The Colonel Richard Erickson Legacy Scholar
- In 2017, 12 awards of $1,300 each (for freshman year only) were presented.
- At least one parent, grandparent, sibling, or step-parent must be a graduate (undergraduate, graduate, Ph.D. or J.D.) of Florida State University and a current dues-paying member of the FSU Alumni Association*.
- Scholarship applicants must have applied for admission to Florida State. Awards are made only to accepted freshman students.
- Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the scholarship award:
- Online Application
- Authorization to Release Information
- Release to use photo/quotes for promotional purposes
- Written Essay (prompt is included on application)
- Academic Merit – GPA and Academic Awards (use weighted GPA)
- Need-based – Expected Family Contribution (EFC) numbers considered
- Community Service/extracurricular activities
Legacy Scholarship applications are typically available online in spring.
For more information about the Legacy Scholarship Program, contact Dawn Jennings at 850.644.4989 or firstname.lastname@example.org.