Perks of Membership
Learn about the perks of an SAA membership.
- Events – Each semester, SAA partners with the FSU Career Center to hold a variety of professional development events. Past events have included Resume & Cover Letter Workshops, Formal Etiquette Dinners, LinkedIn Workshops, and more!
- Networking – Members of SAA have the unique and exclusive opportunity to network with our most involved and established FSU alumni. SAA students are frequently welcomed and encouraged to attend FSU Alumni Association events. SAA also typically hosts 1-2 alumni speakers per semester, who are always interested in engaging with students. Additionally, SAA students are involved in leadership across campus, and have the opportunity to network with each other!
- Leadership Opportunities – Leading SAA is an Executive Board of 13 members and a group of Ambassadors, SAA’s most dedicated volunteers. Executive Board members and Ambassadors build professional and leadership skills, as well as honing skills that contribute to their career fields and prepare them to be well-rounded professionals. Executive Board members and Ambassadors participate in leadership development events and activities throughout their term.
The FSU Alumni Association offers an exclusive mentoring program to SAA members! Students involved in SAA have the opportunity to be matched with a mentor on our National Board of Directors or Young Alumni Council. Using the ProfessioNole Mentors platform, members are able to keep track of their goals, conversations, and progress with their mentors.
When asked for feedback on the mentoring program, a previous participant shared, “[Through the Mentoring Program,] I was able to meet someone who I truly looked up to and had my best interest at heart”.
FSU Spirit & Traditions
- Homecoming – Homecoming is one of FSU’s most exciting annual traditions, and SAA plays a big part in making it a success! SAA is responsible for planning the annual FSU Homecoming Parade, as well as facilitating the Homecoming Court process, leading to the selection of our Homecoming Chief and Princess each year. Members of SAA have the opportunity to be directly involved with the planning of these traditions, working behind the scenes alongside the FSU Homecoming Council.
- Balfour FSU Class Ring – Thanks to our partnership with Balfour, SAA students receive a $25 discount when purchasing an FSU Class Ring! As SAA is also involved in the marketing of Class Rings and planning of the President’s Ring Ceremony, SAA members have the opportunity to participate in the Class Ring tradition in many ways.
- President’s Ice Cream Social
- Beat Tees – Each semester, SAA members have the opportunity to receive Beat Tees to wear to home football games! SAA is able to provide Beat Tees based on sponsorships. If you or someone you know is interested in sponsoring a Beat Tee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.