As a Seminole club or Chapter leader, your volunteer service is not only valued and appreciated, but it is critical to the mission of the Alumni Association and advancing our great university. This page is designed to provide you with the tools and resources to excel. If the offerings below do not address your question, please reach out to the Seminole Clubs team staff for assistance.
Thank you for all that you do---you ARE Florida State!
Annual Requirements to Maintain Seminole Club Status
1) Participate in at least one event annually that is non-athletic in nature (i.e. host a networking night, family based event, academic based event, etc.)
2) Participate in at least one event annually that is Athletic in nature (i.e. host a Kickoff Party or Game Watching Party)
3) Participate in the annual Seminole Service Days during March.
Information Submission Requirements
Seminole Leader, prior to July 1st, please complete and submit the following documents to the Seminole Clubs team for the 2020-2021 year:
- Contact information and officer slate : one form per club/chapter that includes all board members.
- Volunteer Code of Ethics : each elected board officers must read, sign, scan and return.
- Social Media Registration Form : one form per club/chapter.
- Ensure that all board members are members of the FSU Alumni Association.
- In addition, please submit a copy of your current bylaws.
The following must be completed in addition to event & information requirements in order for a club to be eligible for stipend funding assistance:
- Adopt bylaws. It is strongly recommended to adopt those given by the Florida State Alumni Association. (bylaws).
- Obtain a Federal Tax ID Number (EIN—Employee Identification Number).
- Establish a bank account in the club’s name.
- Adjust Officer Slate to Fiscal Year (July 1—June 30).
- Email minutes of all board meetings to FSU Alumni Association.
- Ensure club logo is compliant with FSU Trademark Licensing. Work through FSU Alumni Association to ensure compliance and modify existing logo as necessary.
- Promote FSU development and Direct Support Organizations (FSU Alumni Association, Seminole Boosters, FSU Foundation).
- Offer discounts to members of FSU Direct Support Organizations (members of the FSU Alumni Association and Seminole Boosters).
- Administer your club scholarship(s) through FSU.
- Share constituent data twice annually by December 31 and July 1. Use the event sign-in sheet to collect data.
Seminole Clubs must submit the following financial information twice annually online on dates provided by Seminole Club staff in January and July.
- All Bank statements.
- Categorize all transactions in QuickBooks online.
- Signed or emailed Financial Attestation Report
- Provide club account login information to Seminole Clubs financial specialist.
How is a Seminole Club stipend amount determined?
- The amount of alumni living in a Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) determines the amount of a Seminole Club stipend. Stipends cannot be increased by request.
Do Seminole Chapters receive stipend assistance?
- No, Seminole Chapters do not have the same requirements as Seminole Clubs and therefore do not receive direct stipend support.
What are the requirements to have our Seminole Club expenses reimbursed for our expenses from our stipend?
- Expenditures must be in support of an event or activity that was open to or benefited all Seminole alumni in the area. Expenses that were made that only impacted a select group or individual will not be reimbursed.
- Membership fees or contributions to other organizations will not be reimbursed.
- All receipts must be submitted in your Stipend Reimbursement request with the specific amount being requested. Receipts total must match request amount.
Have a Question? Need to know policy?
It is important that Seminole Club leaders are aware of university policies and procedures to represent and protect Florida State well. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Seminole Clubs staff.
Need to get the Word Out About Your Events or Submit Information?
The FSU Alumni Association is able to provide marketing support to Seminole Clubs and Chapters, primarily through emails to FSU alumni and association members registered in each Club or Chapter's geographic area. Or update your contact information.
Select the type of event for which you are requesting marketing assistance:
Logos, Marks & Merchandise!
The great pride of being a Florida State Seminole brings with it the honor and responsibility of representing the Seminole Tribe of Florida with the utmost respect. The Office of Licensing Trademark ensures that all uses of logos, marks and other descriptions are legal and within set guidelines.
Whether it be a club logo, event graphics, representation or use on merchandise, every use of a Florida State University registered mark is subject to university approval. To learn more, please take a look at the university brand guidelines and university trademarks .
Anytime a Florida State Trademark is used on merchandise, roaylties are charged and sent back to the university. All products must be made by a licensed university vendor. For a list of recommended vendors who are full licensed, please click here .