Emeritus Alumni Society
Emeritus Alumni Society Homecoming Reunion | October 22 – 24, 2021
Catch up with your alma mater and relive your Seminole memories at the Emeritus Alumni Reunion honoring the Classes of 1970 and 1971 during Homecoming Weekend.
We invite you to participate in a weekend of events tailored to all Emeritus Alumni during Homecoming 2021 as we induct the Classes of 1970 and 1971 into the Emeritus Alumni Society.
Friday, October 22
- 9:15 a.m. | Guided Bus and Walking Campus Tour | Join us for a guided bus and walking tour of the Florida State campus and view many of the changes that have taken place over the years.
- 10:00 a.m. | Guided Bus Campus Tour | Join us for a guided bus-only tour of the Florida State campus and view many of the changes that have taken place over the years.
- 11:30 a.m. | Welcome Luncheon | Pick up your welcome bag, enjoy lunch with fellow alumni and hear from guest speaker Sandra Varry, University Archivist at the FSU Alumni Center.
- 2:00 p.m. | Homecoming Parade | Get a front row seat to the FSU Homecoming Parade with reserved seating at the corner of College Avenue and Copeland Street.
- 5:30 p.m. | Alumni Association Awards Gala | Join us in honoring the 2021 recipients of the Bernard F. Sliger Award and Circle of Gold Awards.
Sunday, October 24
- Time TBA | Homecoming Football Game vs. UMass | To purchase FOOTBALL TICKETS in the special Emeritus Alumni Society seating block, click here.
Sunday, October 24
- 10:00 a.m. | Classes of 1970 and 1971 Induction Brunch and Emeritus Alumni Society Awards Ceremony | Celebrate the induction of the classes of 1970 and 1971 into the Emeritus Alumni Society as well as the presentation of Emeritus Awards
To reserve accommodations through our special group rate, at the Holiday Inn Express, click here.
Click here for Reunion Frequently Asked Questions
The Emeritus Alumni Society is a constituency organization of the FSU Alumni Association that was organized to encourage the continuing interest and participation of alumni who have reached emeritus status, e.g., those who graduated from the university 50 or more years ago.
All alumni of Florida State University who have reached emeritus status constitute members of the Emeritus Alumni Society. At the 50th anniversary of each succeeding class, the class members are automatically admitted to the society.
The Emeritus Alumni Society has four objectives:
- To arrange a yearly reunion for all Emeritus Alumni Society members and to encourage members to attend, renew old friendships, and strengthen their ties with the university;
- To devise ways and means of encouraging the giving of gifts and bequests to the university;
- To encourage the collection and preservation of significant books, records, letters, pictures, and other memorabilia thatreflect the traditions of Florida State;
- To consider vital problems of the university and to provide an opportunity for faculty members and others to discuss contemporary issues or new developments in their area of specialty and the effect of those issues on society at large.
For more information about the Emeritus Alumni Society, contact the FSU Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.644.2761.
Find your Class on Facebook!