Catch up with your alma mater and relive your Seminole memories at
the Emeritus Alumni Reunion, Honoring the Class of 1972, during Homecoming Weekend.
We invite you to participate in a weekend of events tailored to all Emeritus Alumni during Homecoming 2022 as we induct the Class of 1972 into the Emeritus Alumni Society.
Friday, September 30
- 9:15 a.m. | Guided Bus and Walking Campus Tour | Join us for a guided bus and walking tour of the Florida State campus and view many of the changes that have taken place over the years.
- 10:00 a.m. | Guided Bus Campus Tour | Join us for a guided bus-only tour of the Florida State campus and view many of the changes that have taken place over the years.
- 11:30 a.m. | Welcome Luncheon | Pick up your welcome bag, enjoy lunch with fellow alumni and hear from guest speaker at the sixth floor terrace of the Dunlap Champions Club.
- 2 p.m. | Homecoming Parade | Get a front row seat to the FSU Homecoming Parade with reserved seating at the corner of College Avenue and Copeland Street.
- 5:30 p.m. | Alumni Association Awards Gala | Join us in honoring the 2022 recipients of the Bernard F. Sliger Award and Circle of Gold Awards.
Sunday, October 2
- 10 a.m. | Classes of 1972 Induction Brunch and Emeritus Alumni Society Awards Ceremony. Celebrate the induction of the class of 1972 into the Emeritus Alumni Society. Join us in welcoming the recipients of the Emeritus Alumni Society Commitment to Excellence Award, Conradi Award, and Dean Eyman Distinctive Service Award recipients.
Make your reservation for the weekend using our group rates at the Residence Inn Tallahassee Universities at 850.329.9080 and the Holiday Inn Express at 850.386.7500
FLORIDA STATE VS. WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL GAME
In partnership with the Seminole Athletics Ticket Office, we have arranged special block seating for Emeritus Reunion attendees at Doak S. Campbell Stadium. Tickets in this seating block must be purchased by visiting this website. If you have any accessibility questions in regards to the football game, please contact the Seminole Athletics Ticket Office at 850.644.1830.
The Emeritus Alumni Society is a constituency organization of the FSU Alumni Association that was organized to encourage the continuing interest and participation of alumni who have reached emeritus status, e.g., those who graduated from the university 50 or more years ago.
All alumni of Florida State University who have reached emeritus status constitute members of the Emeritus Alumni Society. At the 50th anniversary of each succeeding class, the class members are automatically admitted to the society.
The Emeritus Alumni Society has four objectives:
- To arrange a yearly reunion for all Emeritus Alumni Society members and to encourage members to attend, renew old friendships, and strengthen their ties with the university;
- To devise ways and means of encouraging the giving of gifts and bequests to the university;
- To encourage the collection and preservation of significant books, records, letters, pictures, and other memorabilia that reflect the traditions of Florida State;
- To consider vital problems of the university and to provide an opportunity for faculty members and others to discuss contemporary issues or new developments in their area of specialty and the effect of those issues on society at large.
For more information about the Emeritus Alumni Society, contact the FSU Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850.644.2761.